2.6
Additional Fees

I had the exact experience as the above post with Overstock. I was just issued a full refund on the Dallan Plush Tufted Padded headboard by Inspire Q purchased August of 2017 for bed bug infestation, but have had no luck getting help paying medical bills (extensive allergy testing, OTC allergy meds, prescriptions meds), food costs (began a low histamine organic diet to lessen inflammation of painful symptoms) and cleaning bills related to this.

I began getting welts shortly after purchase, which I believed were spider bits. It later developed into hives, and I began seeing an allergist and undergoing extensive testing. I was terrified, fearing everything from lupus to cancer ( google hives, it can be caused by anything, scary stuff!) Turns out it is a bed bug allergy. My husband showed no symptoms.

We now know that my bed bug allergy didn’t present itself as lines of bites as pictured online, and my husband had no symptoms, so never suspected my foam headboard for the allergy. Eventually after a weekend away realized if I didn’t sleep in my bed, I didn’t have hive symptoms. Underwent more costly allergy tests for goose down, but upon thorough investigation, found colonies of bugs crawling in my headboard. See photos- it is clear from them that the bed bugs originated from the headboard.

Please beware of Overstock.com purchases before bringing into your home! Overstock confirmed 35 other headboards had been sold, but they will not be contacting customers to let them know about the bugs- I hope no one else is going through this and hope you will see this post. This ordeal has been a costly and scary nightmare, and I’m relived we found the cause of my hives, but I am annoyed Overstock isnt taking responsibility.

Calling corporate today. Please reach out if you have had a similar experience with this product or brand!

Review about: Inspire Q Modern Dallan Plush Tufted Headboard.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I am go glad I saw this because now I have an answer to the rash on my arms and neck... as my t-shirt and long pants covered the other areas of my body. :(

to LG1990 #1428249

LG, did you also purchase this headboard from overstock? Can you confirm when you purchased?