Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

Unfortunately Overstock.com is doing bitcoin, and all cryptocurrencies they "accept", a huge disservice.I love bitcoin and all that it stands for.

I also love how secure it is, however, unfortunately there will always be scammers, like Overstock.com They are scamming customers out of their bitcoin (keeping the bitcoin and not sending the products). I recently placed an order with Overstock.com and opted to pay with bitcoin from a wallet I control. After checking out, Overstock sent me a public address to send the bitcoin to, along with a 15 minute countdown timer. I sent the bitcoin, and then watched as the countdown timer eventually went to zero, and was then presented with a screen saying my order has now expired and I should start a new order.

I checked the blockchain, and sure enough, my payment went through ($58 or so of bitcoin as of this writing - 8/19/2017) as expected. I contacted Overstock via online chat and e-mail, and after a lot of back and forth, was finally told to (and I quote): "In this case, I would recommend you contact bitcoin and have them help you sort this out." At first I laughed at the ignorance, but then after checking the blockchain again, I see there was another transaction only 30 minutes or so later, in which the bitcoin was sent to a different address. So, they're definitely actively monitoring this address.

So, to me, it looks like they're playing dumb and stealing people's bitcoin.Here is the blockchain address I sent the bitcoin to: https[colon]//blockchain[dot]info/address/1NrHACk3VupDFBwCFCH4iYLtvP3KpACQqP The attached screenshot is the screen I was given after sending the bitcoin payment, when the countdown timer hit zero.

Review about: Overstock Website.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service, Website, Fact that they knowingly scam people, Fact that overstock steals peoples money, Customer service does not try to help the customer.

Had an Experience with Overstock?

Comments

Try deleting your overstock account.You can't.

So all the information you've given them is theirs forever now.Seriously recommend never doing business with them again.

The same thing exactly happened to me yesterday.This is absolutely unacceptable ...

I am so pissed of at them. This is downright theft ... They said I should contact Coinbase to sort things out ... But the transaction was not from a Coinbase wallet.

They are so ridicoulous.

Someone from another departement is suppose to contact me soon.Ill let you know.