My wife was visiting the overstock website and clicked on a discount "wheel of fortune" sort of thing only to contract the malware virus giving a fake Windows warning to call 1-888-203-8381 on our computer. The virus says our personal information is being attacked and warns us to call them immediately.

We could not close out of it, so I Googled how to reset the settings on Chrome and it got rid of it.

This is the SECOND time we have had a direct problem with overstock - the first being several years ago when our credit card number was stolen immediately after a purchase made there and then used to purchase several items all over the country. We already decided that we will never visit overstock.com again - ESPECIALLY after reading on this blog about how someone got BEDBUGS from an order!

Reason of review: website malware.

Preferred solution: nothing.

Comments

h.kitchener

You obviously are surfing the web and going to websites with little, to no malware, pop-up, etc. protection.

I rarely get ads on sites and bad things a site wants to put on my computer are blocked by the 3 or 4 malware protection programs---all free---that run automatically when I open my browser. Usually Firefox but sometime Chrome.

A couple are: Disconnect, UBlock Origin and Blur. You should look into doing this for your own protection.