2.0

I ordered this mascara and redeemed some cash back balance that I had from an order I placed last year. I noticed that my Club O gold membership was about to expire, so I quickly purchased the item, redeemed the $17 of rewards and then, I also paid for $10.34 for "expedited shipping". It took them about 2 days to ship the item out (I ordered this on a Sunday and they shipped it on a Tuesday night) and then I noticed that they used USPS Priority Mail 2-Day. I understand that USPS is "supposedly fast" in their 2-Day Priority Mail shippings, but I have had such bad experiences with items getting lost, returned to sender or delivered to another address.

I spoke with customer service on their online chat, and during that time the item was still en route. They said they could not do a refund UNTIL I receive the item. I thought it was a bit odd, but whatever I acknowledged that. 2 days later when i received my item (which was a surprise to me that it was in my mailbox) I contacted them once again, and advised them to refund the shipping or to at least refund the difference, since I know that Priority Mail 2-Day DOES NOT cost $10.34 to ship a super light package.

The rep, Perez, advised that he cannot refund any part of the shipping because I paid to expedite the order.

Basically, he says that the $10.34 is for expediting the "processing time" and the delivery time of the package. Excuse ME?? This makes no sense to me. After dealing with this customer service rep, I demanded to refund the membership charges for the Club O gold (because at this point I was NOT going to purchase from them after this dilemma) and they refunded it to me. I still had about $4 of rewards left, but they can keep that for all I care.

I am now in the process of canceling my Overstock Store Card, although it had $3500 limit on it. Overstock sells super old electronics, overpriced furniture that I can get at IKEA or even at a local furniture store. Target even sells rugs and decorations at a fraction of the prices they have listed. And to top it off, they overcharge for shipping charges too, and let the seller pocket the real difference of shipping charges. FedEx Home Delivery does not even cost $10 to ship a super light item.

Please learn from this experience. DO NOT pay for their shipping. I am an Amazon Prime customer, but sometimes their prices are a few dollars more than other websites. From now on, I will go directly to Amazon, no matter the price! I hope that Overstock goes bankrupt soon! They are overcharging every one for minuscule items!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $14. PrincessInChina is overall dissatisfied with Overstock. The most disappointing about usps priority mail delivery service at Overstock was customer service and delivery Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Overstock.

Check out the best and the worst companies in E-commerce category for more informed decision or compare Overstock to other companies on our site.

Comments