Citing that the price is determined by the manufacturers, they can not price match items at all. That was a conversation I had with "Allen" from their customer service via live chat.
So I was looking for a backpack for college and found one at a reasonable price. It was out of stock, but on the right hand side of the website was the "People Who Viewed This Viewed" section and the backpack that was sold out was in stock, so I clicked on it and the price jumped up $50.
All the information and details matched. It was the same product, same model, same everything except the price. The price was different. Of course, I didn't know if it was an error on their part, so I went to their contact page and requested a live chat.
"Allen" was rather pushy. He said the price was set by the manufacturer and they won't do anything about it. Without letting me a chance to reply, he then said that he was appreciative of how understanding I was (which I wasn't).
"You would think that in this tough economy where customers are shopping around and trying to save, they would be willing to do the right thing and credit the difference." -- another Pissed Consumer of Overstock.
^This holds even more truer when you are a college student. It's disappointing. I uploaded the two prices. As you can see, one is out of stock (ironic that their site is called "overstock", isn't it?) at a lower price and the other is in stock at a higher price.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Backpack Purchase
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- " I am writing because I am having an issue that needs urgent attention. I am a customer of Aliexpress.com and have made many purchases with no issues up until..."
- "I sent an item to a buyer sometimes ago. Unfortunately, the package went missing. Buyer filed for refund and Tradesy shut down my account. Post office found the missing package..."
- "I recently placed 2 orders for Michael Kors bags through Macys.com. The first order I bought 2 bags that were on sale and they shipped me customer return bags. Customer..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."