Overstock will not Price Match their own items from their own site
Citing that the price is determined by the manufacturers, they can not price match items at all. That was a conversation I had with "Allen" from their customer service via live chat.
So I was looking for a backpack for college and found one at a reasonable price. It was out of stock, but on the right hand side of the website was the "People Who Viewed This Viewed" section and the backpack that was sold out was in stock, so I clicked on it and the price jumped up $50.
All the information and details matched. It was the same product, same model, same everything except the price. The price was different. Of course, I didn't know if it was an error on their part, so I went to their contact page and requested a live chat.
"Allen" was rather pushy. He said the price was set by the manufacturer and they won't do anything about it. Without letting me a chance to reply, he then said that he was appreciative of how understanding I was (which I wasn't).
"You would think that in this tough economy where customers are shopping around and trying to save, they would be willing to do the right thing and credit the difference." -- another Pissed Consumer of Overstock.
^This holds even more truer when you are a college student. It's disappointing. I uploaded the two prices. As you can see, one is out of stock (ironic that their site is called "overstock", isn't it?) at a lower price and the other is in stock at a higher price.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Backpack Purchase
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "i ordered a few days back. I was glad that there's alwats an update I get via sms as to the status of my order. Amazingly, I finally got another..."
- "I have been selling on Ebay for about a year and though I don't have a huge business I had at least 60 sales and had all positive feedbacks except..."
- "I'm a Poshmark member.I was told on the site that I had one a gift.I went to the website to claim my gift, it would allow me so right a..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "Watch out for Lam.Nguyen @infinitioftampa.com , he'll attempt to scam you. I was interested in a pre-owned QX56 and he scammed me for over three days leading me to believe..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."