Overstock will not Price Match their own items from their own site
Citing that the price is determined by the manufacturers, they can not price match items at all. That was a conversation I had with "Allen" from their customer service via live chat.
So I was looking for a backpack for college and found one at a reasonable price. It was out of stock, but on the right hand side of the website was the "People Who Viewed This Viewed" section and the backpack that was sold out was in stock, so I clicked on it and the price jumped up $50.
All the information and details matched. It was the same product, same model, same everything except the price. The price was different. Of course, I didn't know if it was an error on their part, so I went to their contact page and requested a live chat.
"Allen" was rather pushy. He said the price was set by the manufacturer and they won't do anything about it. Without letting me a chance to reply, he then said that he was appreciative of how understanding I was (which I wasn't).
"You would think that in this tough economy where customers are shopping around and trying to save, they would be willing to do the right thing and credit the difference." -- another Pissed Consumer of Overstock.
^This holds even more truer when you are a college student. It's disappointing. I uploaded the two prices. As you can see, one is out of stock (ironic that their site is called "overstock", isn't it?) at a lower price and the other is in stock at a higher price.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Backpack Purchase
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I placed my order with Kohls on Nov 2 after canceling my order with Wal Mart to save nearly $70-$80.00 BIG MISTAKE. I was told that I will have my..."
- "I ordered a dress that I thought was beautiful on the modlily.com. I received a dress from modlily.com and it was hideous. It was made of poor quality and looked..."
- "Dresses are knock offs poor quality and stitching was already coming undone and dress was see through. Paid $33.60 for a dress wanted to return for a refund said they..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."