Overstock - Poor Customer Service and Poor Quality Products

4 of 66 Overstock reviews

I ordered a couch from Overstock.com and was promised free shipping.It two weeks before the couch was even shipped, and then the shipping company transferred it to a local company for final delivery.

The local company ignored my repeated phone calls for several days as to the status of delivery; although they were supposedly doing a "final inspection", given the defects I subsequently found they obviously didn't inspect much. The local company finally called me back and I arranged for delivery on a Thursday between 12 and 4 p.m. (they don't deliver on weekends, and they don't provide an exact delivery time). They were supposed to call me 30 minutes before delivery so I could go home from work.

Instead of doing so they arrived unannounced at 11:00 a.m. and then wondered why I wasn't there. They eventually returned at noon and dumped the couch in the lobby of my condo building. Apparently Overstock considers this "standard" delivery; to have an item delivered to your doorstep, or even inside, you have to pay a lot extra.

Assembling the couch was difficult, as the assembly instructions were for a different product and the screws that were provided were cheap and frequently broke. My power drill wasn't powerful enough to get all of the screws in, and I therefore had to call a handyman to get the legs put on the couch.

There is a tear in the leather in one place and a stain in another.Overstock is indifferent to all of these problems.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

U9908 Bonded Leather Sofa
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #903781 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Overstock? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 66 Overstock reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Overstock. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Overstock.
Filing a new complaint about
×