I ordered a couch from Overstock.com and was promised free shipping.It two weeks before the couch was even shipped, and then the shipping company transferred it to a local company for final delivery.
The local company ignored my repeated phone calls for several days as to the status of delivery; although they were supposedly doing a "final inspection", given the defects I subsequently found they obviously didn't inspect much. The local company finally called me back and I arranged for delivery on a Thursday between 12 and 4 p.m. (they don't deliver on weekends, and they don't provide an exact delivery time). They were supposed to call me 30 minutes before delivery so I could go home from work.
Instead of doing so they arrived unannounced at 11:00 a.m. and then wondered why I wasn't there. They eventually returned at noon and dumped the couch in the lobby of my condo building. Apparently Overstock considers this "standard" delivery; to have an item delivered to your doorstep, or even inside, you have to pay a lot extra.
Assembling the couch was difficult, as the assembly instructions were for a different product and the screws that were provided were cheap and frequently broke. My power drill wasn't powerful enough to get all of the screws in, and I therefore had to call a handyman to get the legs put on the couch.
There is a tear in the leather in one place and a stain in another.Overstock is indifferent to all of these problems.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "Good afternoon, I am writing to formally complain about the terribly outrageous service received from your disheveled location on Windmill and Pecos here in Henderson, Nevada. My fiancé had..."
- "I received my first Coach bag as a Christmas present (2014). I started using it in March 2015 or so and by August, the straps started showing signs of..."
- "This was the first time and the LAST time I am using their service!! First off, I had ordered flowers to be delivered to my mom on 5/8/16 for Mother's..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."