Overstock - Poor Customer Service and Poor Quality Products
I ordered a couch from Overstock.com and was promised free shipping.It two weeks before the couch was even shipped, and then the shipping company transferred it to a local company for final delivery.
The local company ignored my repeated phone calls for several days as to the status of delivery; although they were supposedly doing a "final inspection", given the defects I subsequently found they obviously didn't inspect much. The local company finally called me back and I arranged for delivery on a Thursday between 12 and 4 p.m. (they don't deliver on weekends, and they don't provide an exact delivery time). They were supposed to call me 30 minutes before delivery so I could go home from work.
Instead of doing so they arrived unannounced at 11:00 a.m. and then wondered why I wasn't there. They eventually returned at noon and dumped the couch in the lobby of my condo building. Apparently Overstock considers this "standard" delivery; to have an item delivered to your doorstep, or even inside, you have to pay a lot extra.
Assembling the couch was difficult, as the assembly instructions were for a different product and the screws that were provided were cheap and frequently broke. My power drill wasn't powerful enough to get all of the screws in, and I therefore had to call a handyman to get the legs put on the couch.
There is a tear in the leather in one place and a stain in another.Overstock is indifferent to all of these problems.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "Bought a leather sectional 5 years ago. After 2 yrs the leather started peeling. Now the entire sectional is peeling. Paid over $1800 for this and am highly disappointed...."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "Good afternoon, I am writing to formally complain about the terribly outrageous service received from your disheveled location on Windmill and Pecos here in Henderson, Nevada. My fiancé had..."
- "I received in the postal mail yesterday 01-14-17 five packages from Nationwide Bank mailed from zip code "02021" which is Canton Massachusetts, 25 account numbers that I "supposedly" opened. The..."
- "I was completely lied to by a wanna be dog trainer; I went to see my dog after a few days and had to take her home because she had..."