1.4

I ordered a couch from Overstock.com and was promised free shipping.It two weeks before the couch was even shipped, and then the shipping company transferred it to a local company for final delivery.

The local company ignored my repeated phone calls for several days as to the status of delivery; although they were supposedly doing a "final inspection", given the defects I subsequently found they obviously didn't inspect much. The local company finally called me back and I arranged for delivery on a Thursday between 12 and 4 p.m. (they don't deliver on weekends, and they don't provide an exact delivery time). They were supposed to call me 30 minutes before delivery so I could go home from work.

Instead of doing so they arrived unannounced at 11:00 a.m. and then wondered why I wasn't there. They eventually returned at noon and dumped the couch in the lobby of my condo building. Apparently Overstock considers this "standard" delivery; to have an item delivered to your doorstep, or even inside, you have to pay a lot extra.

Assembling the couch was difficult, as the assembly instructions were for a different product and the screws that were provided were cheap and frequently broke. My power drill wasn't powerful enough to get all of the screws in, and I therefore had to call a handyman to get the legs put on the couch.

There is a tear in the leather in one place and a stain in another.Overstock is indifferent to all of these problems.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $150. The author is overall dissatisfied with Overstock and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Overstock.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auctions and Internet Stores category for more informed decision or compare Overstock to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Overstock?

Comments